Coronavirus (COVID-19) and School: Hybrid In-Person and Remote Learning
Some schools are using a hybrid plan for this school year because of the COVID-19 pandemic. This is a mix of in-person learning and remote (online) learning. Here's what you need to know.
Remote learning means making sure you have things like:
- reliable internet access
- software and other learning programs
- a connected device
- a good place with limited distractions where your child can learn
Steps to take for in-person learning can include:
- updating kids' immunizations
- buying school supplies
- getting safety supplies, like masks and hand sanitizer
Also try to:
- Keep the schedule on remote learning days similar to the schedule on in-person school days.
- During remote learning, have lunch together and schedule a family walk, jog, or bike ride at the time your child usually has recess or gym.
- Remind your child that remote learning days are not days off. Make sure your child does the expected work.
What Else Should I Know?
If COVID-19 cases rise in your community or happen at school, schools may turn to full-time remote learning for a time. Have a back-up plan ready so you can more easily switch to this, if it happens.