[Skip to Content]

Search results

You searched for: burns
  • Burns for Parents

    Burns, especially scalds from hot water and liquids, are some of the most common childhood accidents. Minor burns often can be safely treated at home, but more serious burns require medical care.

  • First Aid: Burns for Parents

    Scald burns from hot water and other liquids are the most common type of burn young kids get. Here's what to do if your child is burned.

  • Word! Burn, Second-Degree for Kids

    A second-degree burn is one that hurts the top two layers of skin.

  • Word! Burn, First-Degree for Kids

    A first-degree burn is one that only hurts the top layer of skin.

  • Word! Burn, Third-Degree for Kids

    A third-degree burn is one that damages all the layers of the skin and the tissue beneath the skin.

  • Household Safety: Preventing Burns, Shocks, and Fires for Parents

    Burns are a potential hazard in every home. In fact, burns - especially scalds from hot water and liquids - are some of the most common childhood accidents. Here's how to protect kids from burns.

  • Word! B for Kids

    Check out the medical and health words that start with B.

  • What Can I Do to Prevent Razor Burn? for Teens

    Find out what the experts have to say.

  • When and Where to Get Medical Care for Parents

    Should you head to the ER when your child is hurt or ill? What about an urgent care center? Different problems need different levels of care, and you have many options.

  • Parents' Printables - Nemours KidsHealth for Parents

    Guides to injuries and illnesses.