Cocoa, Almond, and Oat Clusters
Prep time: 25 minutes
What you need:
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 4 tablespoons yogurt spread (also can use vegetable oil spread)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup smooth, unsalted almond butter (or other nut or soy butter)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup raisins
What to do:
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- Place oats into a large bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, heat milk and yogurt spread over medium heat.
- When the spread is melted, whisk in brown sugar and cocoa powder.
- Keep stirring while you bring the mixture to a boil. Turn down the heat and continue cooking the sauce for 1 minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in almond butter, vanilla extract, and raisins.
- Immediately pour the sauce over the rolled oats and stir well until oats are completely covered in sauce.
- Place rounded tablespoon-size scoops of the mixture onto prepared baking sheet.
- Allow clusters to set for 15 minutes before serving.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 150 calories
- 3g protein
- 7g fat
- 1g sat. fat
- 18g carbohydrate
- 2g fiber
- 0mg cholesterol
- 45mg sodium
- 8g sugars
Serving size:1 cookie